An internship with the City of Greenville offers the opportunity to learn the complexities of municipal government and contribute to the management of projects important to the operation and growth of the City.
The internship’s purpose is to give graduate students with an expressed interest in local government management the chance to explore the field in a work setting. This program allows interns to take what they have learned about public service, management, and research in the classroom, and apply those lessons to significant City projects in order to further prepare for a career in the public sector.
The City of Greenville benefits from the projects completed by the Management Intern, while the Management Intern benefits from the knowledge and guidance of experienced local government staff.
How to Apply
The City of Greenville Management Internship is a 300-400 hour, paid internship program to be completed between May and August. Applicants are required to submit the following:
- City of Greenville Internship Program Application (Click here for a copy of the application)
- Cover letter explaining planned career path and how experience as a City of Greenville Management Intern fits into your career
- Identification of your strengths and weaknesses in a professional context and areas of professional interest
- Explanation of why you chose the City of Greenville for your internship
- Resume and two references
Applications for the summer of 2020 will be accepted by the City Manager’s Office from January 1 - February 28, 2020.
Submissions are accepted by mail, personal delivery, email, or fax.
City of Greenville
Assistant City Manager
Attn: Management Internship Program
PO Box 7207
Greenville, NC 27835